Containers Should Not be placed curb side no more than 24 hrs. in advance. Modern will collect up to 7 items (a combination of cans, bags, or bundles etc.) of refuse and waste material or 6 items and one large item each week from all 1, 2 or 3 unit residences. These 7 containers may be 30 gallon garbage cans or plastic bags with a maximum weight of 50 lbs. Businesses and larger apartment buildings must make their own arrangements for refuse collection.
Modern will also collect 1 bulky waste item which includes small household furniture, bedding, mattresses including box springs, hot water tanks, carpet (maximum 3 rolls, no longer than 4' long and 18" wide) stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators with the Freon removed and tagged etc. per residence per week.
Modern will not pick up unacceptable waste. This would include:
- Televisions, microwaves and air conditioners.
- Biomedical or radioactive materials
- Dead animals
- Fecal material
- Flammable or explosive materials
- Toxic or hazardous materials
Collection Dates & Areas2023 Collection Schedule
The following are the “normal service” refuse collection schedule and routes with a link to basic surface map boundaries:
- Monday (PDF): Moyer and Schultz Road East to Town of Pendleton, including Townline Road and from Niagara Falls Boulevard Arnold Drive area North to Lockport Road
- Tuesday (PDF): Niagara Falls Boulevard North to Lockport Road and from West of Ward Road to Town of Niagara
- Wednesday (PDF): Niagara Falls Boulevard North to Town of Cambria and from Ward Road East to Shawnee
- Thursday (PDF): South of Niagara Falls Boulevard to River Road and from Ward Road to 102nd Street and the Town of Niagara
- Friday (PDF): South of Niagara Falls Boulevard to North Tonawanda and from East of Ward Road to Nash including Knoll Drive
RecyclingModern will handle the collection of recyclable materials which are placed into totes supplied by the Town. Literature regarding recyclable materials is available from the Town Clerk and on the totes themselves. Recycling will be picked up on alternating weeks according to a specified schedule.
Special CollectionThe Town will regularly collect brush and small tree branches when placed in piles at the edge of the street. In the fall, the Town will also collect leaves by vacuum when placed in piles near the edge of the street.
E-WasteThe Town will accept electronic waste items such as computers, radios and TV sets. Bring these to the Water and Sewer Department on Niagara Falls during business hours.
Note: Picture ID as proof of residency is now required