Wheatfield is comprised of 14 Zoning Districts that includes Overlay and PUD areas. Below you will find Zoning Maps and a brief explanation of each Zoning District. For a more detailed description on how Zoning is applied to your area of development please call the Building DepartmentMaps
- General Zoning
- Proposed Niagara Falls Blvd Overlay Explained
- Proposed Niagara Falls Blvd Overlay
- Proposed Rezoning Niagara Falls Blvd Overlay Area 1
- Proposed Rezoning Niagara Falls Blvd Overlay Area 2
- Proposed Rezoning Niagara Falls Blvd Overlay Area 3
- Proposed Rezoning Niagara Falls Blvd Overlay Area 4
- A-R Agricultural-Residential District
- C-1 Commercial District
- M-1 Light Industrial District
- M-2 General Industrial District
- O-1 Love Canal Overlay District
- O-2 Niagara Falls Blvd Overlay District
- O-3 Airport Zone One Overlay District
- PUD Planned Unit Development
- R-1 Residential-1 District
- R-2 Residential-2 District
- R-3 Residential-3 District
- R-C Restricted-Commercial
- R-R Rural-Residential
- RNB Rural Neighborhood Business
*NOTE Overlay Districts are supplements to the underlying zones
For detailed information on each of these districts please see the Town Code Section 200 Article III
Zoning district boundaries are intended to follow property lines, center lines of streets, railroads or streams or to be parallel or perpendicular thereto, unless otherwise located by appropriate reference on the Zoning Map. Where uncertainty exists with respect to the zoning district boundaries as shown on the Zoning Map
- Do I need a building permit to build a shed?
- Which contractors need to be licensed in the Town of Wheatfield?
- What are the requirements for an electrician or plumbing license?
- Do I need a permit for a pool?
- How far from the property line does a shed or pool have to be?
- Do I need a permit for a fence and how far from the property line can a fence be?
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to call the department at 716-694-1026. Pre-project planning and communication are important.